Ease your transition into the Virginia Tech with these 6 simple steps:
- Register at least one 2-factor authentication device that you plan to bring with you to Virginia Tech by visiting: www.hokiespa.vt.edu. After entering your PID and password, follow the prompts to enroll in 2-factor authentication. For more information on Login and 2-factor authentication, see http://www.it.vt.edu/2factor and Using 2-Factor Authentication.
- You can download Antivirus (Symantec Endpoint Protection) by logging into www.4help.vt.edu, selecting the Service Catalog link on the top right-hand side of the page and searching for “Antivirus” in the search box located in the middle of the page.
- Bring a copy of your purchase receipt in case you need to have warranty repair performed.
- Don't wait! Upon arrival, unpack, set up your computer, and connect it to the network.
- Get Answers: Most of your computing, mobile device, printer, software, and network connection questions can be answered by searching www.4help.vt.edu. If you have problems, you can submit a request for support at that site and someone will contact you to provide assistance.
- Learn More: In July, during your orientation, (don't forget to bring your 2nd factor device as mentioned in step 1!), join us for an entertaining and useful 15-minute presentation on computing at Virginia Tech to learn about:
- How to get the best information and help for solving computer problems
- Essential items you will need to take care of on Day 2 of orientation
- How to connect to wireless and acquire your software
- What to know about printers, private networks, cable TV and email
- 2-factor authentication and computer security at Virginia Tech
- And much more!
Follow us on Twitter @4Help Tweets to get computing information throughout the year.