Ease your transition into the Virginia Tech with these 6 simple steps:
- Enroll at least two second-factor devices and make sure to have one of them with you at all times. Learn more at www.it.vt.edu/2fa
- Bring a malware free and virus free computer with you to campus. You can download Symantec Endpoint Protection from http://antivirus.vt.edu
- Bring a copy of your purchase receipt in case you need to have warranty repair performed.
- Don't wait! Upon arrival, unpack, set up your computer, and connect it to the network.
- Get Answers: Most of your computing, mobile device, printer, software, and network connection questions can be answered by searching www.4help.vt.edu. If you have problems, you can submit a request for support at that site and someone will contact you to provide assistance.
- Learn More: In July, during your orientation, (don't forget to bring your 2nd factor device as mentioned in step 1!), join us for an entertaining and useful 15-minute presentation on computing at Virginia Tech to learn about:
- How to get the best information and help for solving computer problems
- Essential items you will need to take care of on Day 2 of orientation
- How to connect to wireless and acquire your software
- What to know about printers, private networks, cable TV and email
- 2-factor authentication and computer security at Virginia Tech
- And much more!
Follow us on Twitter @4Help Tweets to get computing information throughout the year.