2. Get Connected
Ease your transition into the Virginia Tech with these 5 simple steps:
- Register at least one 2-factor authentication device that you plan to bring with you to Virginia Tech by visiting Hokie SPA. After entering your PID and password, follow the prompts to enroll in 2-factor authentication. For more information on Login and 2-factor authentication, see http://www.it.vt.edu/2factor and Using 2-Factor Authentication.
- Bring a copy of your purchase receipt in case you need to have warranty repair performed.
- Don't wait! Upon arrival, unpack, set up your computer, and connect it to the network. Find instructions on connecting to the network here: Manually Connecting to Virginia Tech Wireless eduroam
- Get Answers: Most of your computing, mobile device, printer, software, and network connection questions can be answered by searching 4Help. If you have problems, you can submit a request for support at that site and someone will contact you to provide assistance.
- Learn More: In July, during your orientation (don't forget to bring your 2nd factor device as mentioned in step 1!), join us for an entertaining and useful presentation on computing at Virginia Tech to learn about:
- How to connect to wireless and acquire your software
- What to know about printers, private networks, cable TV and email
- How to get the best information and help for solving computer problems
- And much more!
Follow us on Twitter @4Help Tweets to get computing information throughout the year.