After You Purchase
Ease your transition into Virginia Tech with these 5 simple steps:
- Register at least one 2-Factor Authentication device that you plan to bring with you to Virginia Tech by visiting Hokie SPA. After entering your username and password, follow the prompts to enroll in 2-Factor Authentication. When logging in, you will need a second physical device in your possession such as a smartphone or tablet. See 2-Factor Authentication with Duo for more information.
- Attend orientation! 4Help will be giving a presentation on computing at Virginia Tech where you will learn about connecting to the WiFi, printers, software and more. This is a great opportunity to have any technology questions you have answered. Don’t forget to bring your registered 2-Factor device!
- Bring a copy of your purchase receipt in case you need to have warranty repair performed.
- When you arrive to campus, don't wait! Connect your devices to the WiFi.
Laptops, Smartphones, Tablets: Manually Connecting to Virginia Tech Wireless eduroam.
Smart TV’s, consoles, streaming players: Connecting Smart TVs, Streaming Players, and Media Devices to the Virginia Tech Wireless Network
- Get Answers: Most of your computing questions can be answered by 4Help, Virginia Tech’s primary point of contact for Information Technology assistance. If you have problems, you can submit a request for support at the site or by calling 4Help at (540) 231- 4357.